Have you written a scientific, professional or popular publication?
- Record the publication information of your publication in the University's Research Portal so that the Library can validate them.
- The publications you have added to the system can be found by funders, researchers and other who might be interested of your research with search engines, such as Google, after their validation.
- The system will provide a printable CV that fulfils the requirements of Academy of Finland
- Only the publications recorded in the system are taken into consideration in the research funding received from the Ministry of Education and Culture
Has your publication been published online in an Open Access journal?
- Add the link (DOI or URL) to the publication information in the Research Portal.
Has your article been published in a "normal" scientific journal which is subject to a subscription?
- The University of Turku requires that researchers also save (parallel publish) a final draft version (authors accepted manuscript) of his or her article in the University's Research Portal or some discipline specific open repository.
- In addition, several research funders require that the published articles are saved (= parallel published) in an open repository.
- The Library checks the permission of the publisher for the parallel published final draft version of the publication.
- Publications that are openly available are cited and used more often and therefore open access increases the availability, visibility and effectiveness of your research.
Are you about to publish a digital thesis or dissertation?
- The instructions are available on the Library webpages.
Are you only just starting to look for a publication channel for your article (e.g. an academic journal)?
- You can ask for advice from the Library's publication services (julkaisut[at]utu.fi) in order to find a suitable journal.
>> Publication Forum
The three-level Publication Forum classification of academic publication channels (academic journals, series, conference publications, book publishers) including all the disciplines. The evaluation is performed by 23 discipline-specific Expert Panels composed of some 200 distinguished Finnish or Finland-based scholars.
>> Directory of Open Access Journal
The Directory of Open Access Journals contains more than 10,000 open access peer-reviewed journals covering all areas of science.
>> Library Publication Services
Publish you dissertation or thesis online.