Previous coastal geography courses:
- Fluvial and coastal environments (2017)
- Marine and coastal spatial planning (2012, 2014, 2016) with Åbo Akademi, Environmental and Marine Biology
- Coastal Geography 1: Global coastal environments. (2006, 2007, 2009, 2014) Lectures, 2 sp.
- Itämeren ympäristödynamiikka (Environmental dynamics of the Baltic Sea) (2011)
- Coastal Geography 2: Applied Environmental Topics. (2006, 2009) Lectures, group work, 2 sp.
- Water quality dynamics and research course (2008)
- Coastal Geography 3: Geoinformatics in Coastal Applications. (2006-2007) Distance learning, 3 sp.
Topics for M.Sc. theses
UTU-CGG members support students who work with coastal topics in their Master's thesis. Some possible topics listed below:
- Creating an enhanced geodatabase for the Archipelago Sea
- Characterization of the islands in the Archipelago Sea by spatial modelling
- Characterization of the Archipelago Sea as a tilted peneplain
- Distribution of deciduous and coniferous forests in the Archipelago Sea
- Seasonality and climate change in the Archipelago Sea
- Underwater mapping: methodological development
- Modelling of seawater basins and volumes in the archipelago area
- Water sampling in conditions of dynamic sea currents: methodological development
- Digital maps in support of tourism in the Archipelago Sea
- Environmental management in coastal areas