Abstract submission has closed.
For those interested in attending the conference and presenting their work, it is still possible to present a poster at EOU2017. Please contact the chair of the Scientific Program Committee Zoltan Barta for more details on how to submit an abstract of your poster.
Info about registration
You can access the registration system following the link at the bottom of this page, but please read this information section before you start this process
Registration to the conference and abstract submission are two separate processes for the EOU2017 conference. Only registered participants are allowed to present. Presenting authors are asked to enter the reference number of the abstract submission they wish to present at the conference.
The early-bird registration fee (registering prior to 31 May) is €350. Registration after 31 May costs €450.
A reduced fee (€230) is available for
- MSc and PhD students
- Participants from Eastern European countries as listed in EuroVoc supplemented with the Baltic countries, Turkey and Greece.
- Participants from outside Europe if they are from a country listed as low, lower middle or upper middle income in the World Bank classification
Please note also that the number of reduced fee participants is limited to 150 and that we will fill this quotum in the order of registration after which the standard fee will apply.
Short-term (1 or more days) attendance to EOU2017 is also possible (€150 per day). Participation fees include attendance in the scientific programme, conference materials, coffee and lunch on the conference days, Get-together on Friday 18 August, field excursions on Monday 21 August and Conference dinner on Tuesday 22 August. One-day fee includes the programme and social programme of the chosen day of participation. During registration you are required to choose which (if any) excursion you wish to join.
During registration, you are asked to indicate whether you are interested in attending the Migrant Landbird Study Group MLSG pre-conference symposium for which a specific additional fee is charged, detailed by MLSG
During registration you can reserve a room in one of the hotels reserved for the conference. Details on the hotels, and the reservation policy can be found here
. Prices vary from €50/night/person to approximately €120/night/person for a single room. Double rooms are also available.
You may also opt to reserve you own accomodation. Please see Travel
Methods of payment
- Credit card payment (Visa, Mastercard): From the on-line registration form you will be forwarded to PAYTRAIL for electronic payment. Please note that a transaction fee of 5 EUR will be added to all credit card payments. You will receive receipt of payment.
- PDF Invoice: A PDF invoice will be sent to your e-mail after you have submitted your registration. This invoice is to be paid via bank transfer. No invoicing charge.
- E-invoice ( “Verkkolasku / Nätfaktura” for Finnish payments only): An e-invoice will be sent to the given e-invoicing address. Please note that an invoicing charge of 2,50 EUR will be added to all e-invoices.
Please note that you cannot change the payment method once you have chosen and approved the payment method on the registration form. Please do not choose the PDF invoice unless you will pay by bank transfer. You will receive a receipt of payment also when you pay with a credit card. All payments must be made in euros (EUR).
Cancellation of registration must be made in writing (letter, fax or email) to the Congress Office posted before 1 July 2017. No fees will be refunded after this date. A processing fee of EUR 50 will be deducted from all refunds.
All queries regarding registration, payment, and hotel reservations are handled by Aboa Congress and Event Services:
c/o Aboa Congress and Event Services
Tel. +358 (0)50 307 7489
... join the mailing list to receive more information and reminders