Confirming the study place (degree students)
Once you have been admitted as a Master's Degree student to the University of Turku,
you must confirm in writing whether you will accept the study place
offer. The confirmation is done online and cannot be altered later.
- If you receive a scholarship from UTU you must confirm your study place by 21 April 2017.
- If you don't receive a scholarship from UTU the deadline is 14 July 2017 at 15.00 (GMT +2) at the latest.
If the confirmation does not arrive by the deadline, you will forfeit your right to enrol in the degree programme.
- If you decide to accept the study place but not the scholarship, the scholarship is transferred to the next student in line. Thus you can't change your mind later, anymore.
- If you don't accept the scholarship but want to consider accepting the study place, you can do so. Just let us know by 14 July 2017 at 15.00 (GMT +2).
When you arrive to Turku you must present your original degree certificate at Admission and Student Affairs.
Change of residence permit status
If you receive a scholarship from University of Turku and your residence permit status changes after you have accepted the study place or during your studies you must notify University of Turku immediately.
- Becoming a holder of one of the residence permit types which make you exempt from tuition fees means also that you are no longer eligible for the scholarship.
- In that case, please email a copy of your residence permit card to admissions(at)utu.fi
- We will then check the situation and cancel the future scholarship payments and/or make a claim for recovery of already paid scholarship, if needed.