Confirming the study place (degree students)
Once you have been admitted as a Master's Degree student to the University of Turku, you must confirm in writing whether you will accept the study place offer. The confirmation is done online and cannot be altered later. You find the link to the acceptance form in your acceptance letter.
- If you receive a scholarship from UTU you must confirm your study place by 21 April 2017.
- If you don't receive a scholarship from UTU the deadline is 14 July 2017 at 15.00 (GMT +2) at the latest.
If the confirmation does not arrive by the deadline, you will forfeit your right to enrol in the degree programme.
- If you decide to accept the study place but not the scholarship, the scholarship is transferred to the next student in line. Thus you can't change your mind later, anymore.
- If you don't accept the scholarship but want to consider accepting the study place, you can do so. Just let us know by 14 July 2017 at 15.00 (GMT +2): admissions(at)utu.fi
When you arrive to Turku you must present your original degree certificate at Admission and Student Affairs.
Change of residence permit status
If you receive a scholarship from University of Turku and your residence permit status changes after you have accepted the study place or during your studies you must notify University of Turku immediately.
- Becoming a holder of one of the residence permit types which make you exempt from tuition fees means also that you are no longer eligible for the scholarship.
- In that case, please email a copy of your residence permit card to admissions(at)utu.fi
- We will then check the situation and cancel the future scholarship payments and/or make a claim for recovery of already paid scholarship, if needed.