It is recommended to secure a private health insurance prior to travelling to Finland. The insurance should cover at least the case of an accident or acute illness. Please notice that the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) is not an alternative to travel insurance.

The Finnish Immigration Service has defined a minimum insurance coverage required for foreign students needing a residence permit. The Student Insurance Program (SIP) has been pre-approved by the Finnish Immigration Service, which is why it is the easiest solution for students. SIP has been specially designed for people staying abroad on a temporary basis and is valid worldwide for

  • students
  • scientists & members of the educational staff
  • family members (children over 5 years)
Other similar insurance providers:

UTU StaStaff members

All employees of the University of Turku, regardless of the nature and duration of the employment relationship, have insurance coverage in case of a work-related injury.

20014 Turun yliopisto, Finland
Tel. +358 29 450 5000

People search

Follow us: 
Facebook   Twitter   Instagram   Youtube   LinkedIn
© University of Turku