JOO Studies at the English Department

What are the limitations of the JOO right?

  • As a rule, the JOO right is granted for studies that are not availeble at your home institution. Therefore, if your home university has an English Department, you should primarely seek study right for English studies there.
  • However, as different English departments have different special fields, we may offer you courses that aren't available at your home institution. These tend to be the optional courses, while the obligatory studies (oral and written skills, grammar etc.) tend to be similar in different institutions.

Where can I find out about the available courses?

  • The courses taught regularly by the Department of English are listed in our study guide.
  • Optional courses may change each year, and new courses may be advertised anytime on our options page.

How to apply for the JOO study right?