During the 2nd and 3rd year of the IB diploma program in our school, students will we:
- studying six subjects chosen from five subject groups
- complete an extended essay of 4000 words
- follow a Theory of knowledge course (TOK)
- participate in 150 hours of CAS (creativity, action and service).
The subjects TIS offers for its IB diploma students
Group 1: Language A1 - First Language
Group 2: Second Language
- English B
- Finnish B
- German B or ab initio
- French B or ab initio
Group 3: Individuals and societies
Group 4: Experimental sciences
Group 5: Mathematics and computer science
- Mathematical Studies
- Mathematics Standard level
- Mathematics Higher level
Group 6 is unfortunately unavailable in our school. However, the students are able to take a Music or Arts course during the Pre-IB year.
If you wish to get to know each subject in a bit more detail, you may do so from the official IBO webpage at www.ibo.org.