Structure of the Programme:
1. Academic and Professional Skills 25 ECTS
2. Thematic Subject Studies 45 ECTS
3. Thesis Studies 50 ECTS
- to be completed in two years.
Check 'Curriculum' for details.
More information on each year's teaching programme is given on the NettiOpsu and BSRS intranet.
Academic and Professional Skills
are compulsory to all and consist of these 5 modules
- Finnish Language 5 ECTS
- Advanced Academic Writing 5 ECTS
- Introduction to Methodology 5 ECTS
- International Project management 5 ECTS
- Transferable Skills 5 ECTS
Thematic Subject Studies
Introduction to the Baltic Sea Region 5 ECTS
History, Memory in the Baltic Sea Region 5 ECTS
Environment and Energy Related challenges in the Baltic Sea Region – a multidisciplinary approach 5 ECTS
Cross-Border Areas in the Baltic Sea Region: Borders, Identity and Everyday Life 5 ECTS
Baltic Sea as an Emerging Economic Macro-Region 5 ECTS
Baltic Sea Region in the Context of Regional and Global Studies 5 ECTS
Global Risks and Security in the Baltic Sea Region 5 ECTS
Politics and Governance in the Baltic Sea Region 5 ECTS
Optional studies 10 ECTS
- students have the option to replace one of the modules listed above with other studies, as agreed within the individual study plan.
- Thesis seminar 5 ECTS
- Advanced methodology 5 ECTS
- Master’s Thesis 40 ECTS
- recommended number of pages: ca 60.