Open inception workshop 28.2.2019: "Dos and Don’ts of Big Data for Foresight"
28 February 2019 at 12-17 in Visitor and Innovation Centre Joki, 3rd floor, “Workshop”, address: Lemminkäisenkatu 12 B, 20520 Turku.
The workshop is an open inception workshop for developing “Dos and don’ts’ for using new models of big data and future foresight methodologies in order to create tools for identification and analysis of large-scale social issues, provide new mechanisms for business decision support, and better enable the selection of appropriate strategies for decision-makers.
The workshop is organised jointly by Finland Futures Research Centre, Kazimieras Simonavičius University (Lithuania) and Manufacturing 4.0 project funded by the Strategic Research Council of the Academy of Finland.
- Research Professor, Research Director, Dr. Jari Kaivo-oja, Finland Futures Research Centre, University of Turku & Kazimieras Simonavicius University
Part 1: Strategizing Big Data
12.30 Data-driven business, data-driven customer experience: Insights from award-winning Busters App
- To be confirmed
12.55 Strategic Positioning in Big Data Utilization
- Milla Wiren, Centre for Collaborative Research, Turku School of Economics, University of Turku
Part 2: Big Data-environments
13.20 Using world-class data science resources to create smart and wise Turku
- Tuomas Piippo, Development Manager, City of Turku and Turku City Data Oy
13.45 Coffee break
14.05 Current project insights: Potentials of big data for integrated territorial policy development in the European growth corridors
- Nicolas Balcolm Raleigh, Finland Futures Research Centre, University of Turku
Part 3: Tools
14.30 Crowdsourcing Delphi: Model, Approach and Big Data
- Dr. Teemu Santonen, Laurea University of Applied Sciences
14.55 Using Systematic Foresight Tools: The case of Futures Platform
- Mika Ilari Koskinen, CX and Technology Director, Futures Platform
15.20 Short Break
15.30 Part 3: Group sessions
- Data: How to digitize organizations’ own environment (physical-to-digital)?
- Foresight: Limits to/how to use descriptive data as guide towards the future?
- Application: Data as decision-support or as driver of automated decision-making?
16.00 Summary and final remarks
16.15–17.00 Refreshments and networking