FinEd Newsletter 4/2017
This is a FinEd Newsletter. Newsletters are sent to all members of the FinEd Network via contact persons in each university and published on the FinEd website. NB. This Newsletter is the last one to be sent from the University of Turku because the coordination of the Network is being transferred to the University of Tampere for the years 2018-2019.
FinEd Pre-Seminar to FERA 2017 brought together the doctoral candidates and gave support to their career path
- 1st workshop by professor Auli Toom (HY): Function of Researcher Network in Doctoral Trajectories,
- Keynote lecture by professor Kirsti Lonka (HY): The Writing Process of a PhD Student - A Shift from the Concern over Language to the Concern over the Mind,
- 3rd workshop by Career counselor Eric Carver, HY & Post doc researcher Tuulikki Keskitalo, LY: Employment of Doctors in the Field of Education – Planning the Career during and after the PhD Process
- 4th Workshop by Head of research funding Kalle Korhonen, Kone Foundation and Fund Officer Marjut Kuusisto, Regional fund of Lapland, The Finnish Cultural Foundation: How to Write Successful Grant Proposals.
We collect feedback from the participants of the pre-seminar until the end of December. I you participated the seminar, please share your thoughts about the experience here https://www.webropolsurveys.com/S/26EA4AA3C5A228D4.par - thanks!
Activities of the FinEd Network in 2017
- The planning and organizing the FinEd Pre-Seminar on Nov 29th in Rovaniemi (40 doctoral candidates of the FinEd universities and the University of Helsinki, some twenty senior participants)
- Participation in the study lead by professor Päivi Atjonen (UEF) of all the doctoral thesis of educational science from the years 2010-2016 of three Finnish universities. Also coding of the doctoral theses of HY, JY, LY and ÅA by end of the year 2017.
- Survey of the FinEd mentor pool and presentation of the results in National day of Doctoral Education (‘Valtakunnallinen tohtorikoulutuspäivä’) on October 10th in Turku. Two board meetings (29.5. and 29.11.2017)
- Four FinEd Newsletters
- Preparing for the transfer of the coordinating University of the FinEd (webpage, economy, orientation)
- Other administrational work of the coordinator.
FinEd board for the years 2018-2019
- Professor Kirsti Karila, University of Tampere (chair)
- Professor Päivi Atjonen, University of Eastern Finland (vice-chair)
- Professor Anna-Maija Poikkeus, University of Jyväskylä
- Professor Heli Ruokamo, University of Lapland
- Professor Kirsi Pyhältö, University of Oulu
- Professor Risto Rinne, University of Turku
- Professor Kristina Ström, Åbo Akademi University
- Professor Leena Koski, University of Eastern Finland
- Research coordinator Satu Perälä-Littunen, University of Jyväskylä
- Professor Kaarina Määttä, University of Lapland
- Professor Sanna Järvelä, University of Oulu
- Professor Erno Lehtinen, University of Turku
- Coordinator Sanna Niukko, University of Turku
- Professor Michael Uljens, Åbo Akademi University
- Doctoral candidate Minna Körkkö, University of Lapland
- Doctoral candidate Jenni Tikkanen, University of Turku
- Research coordinator Anneli Lehtisalo, University of Tampere (secretary)
Turku thanks and bows – the coordination of the FinEd network will be transferred to the University of Tampere for the years 2018-2019
The FinEd Network thanks all its members and cooperation partners for the past year and wishes luck and success to the national doctoral training cooperation in the field of on Educational Sciences also in 2018!