History, Culture and Arts Studies Library Collections Will Move to Arcanum Library from 16.1.2023
The materials of history, culture and art studies are gradually transferred from Teutori Library to the new Arcanum Library. First, the books, magazines and series of the general collection will be moved and they will be out of use since 16 January 2023. The course books will be moved to Arcanum later. Course books will be out of use from 14 February 2023 onwards. The move also affects the premises of Teutori Library, as the second floor of the library will be closed during the move. Medical materials and library services remain unchanged in Teutori Library.
Impacts of the move on the loans and returns
- General collections of history, culture and arts studies are out of use from 16 of January 2023. After that, the materials will be available at Arcanum Library after its opening in March.
- The course books on history, culture and art studies will be out of use from 14 of January and will be available again in Arcanum Library after its opening in March.
- During the move, the material of history, culture and art studies can be returned to all libraries in the Turku University campus area normally.
- Reservations for historical, cultural and artistic studies can be collected from Arcanum Library as it opens.
Impacts of the move on the use of Teutori Library
- Teutori Library's 1st floor is open and medical collection materials are in use quite normally during the move. Only in the final phase of the move, the entire Teutori Library will be closed for 14 to 20 February 2023.
- The second floor of Teutori Library will be closed from 16 of January for the duration of the move, leaving the study rooms and meeting rooms out of use.
- The digital archive access points and the Radio and Television Archive access point located in Teutori library are disabled from 16 January 2023. They will be transferred to Arcanum Library and will be available again as the library opens. The digital archive access points and the Radio and Television Archive access point located in Feeniks Library are normally used.
- The move will cause noise and through-traffic to the open first floor of Teutori Library.
Language collections remain intact and are available in Feeniks Library.
We will provide more details about the timelines for the move in early 2023.
Updated 30.1.2023 with a revised timetable of the course books