International Business scholars participate in COSMO workshop in Kalmar
The latest COSMO workshop was organized at Linnaeus University in Kalmar, April 17th-18th, 2023
In a series of Nordic COSMO workshops, scholars interested in cosmopolitan life, identity and future of work met at the Linnaeus University in Kalmar. This workshop was hosted by The GlobalMind platform at Linnaeus School of Business & Economics. The theme of this workshop was cosmopolitan entrepreneurs and it was chaired by professor Per Servais. Nordic scholars attending the workshop either on campus or online presented their research on cosmopolitan individuals, their views on work, cosmopolitan spaces and locations and leadership and HR management related to cosmopolitans. Interesting presentations and lively discussions provide good basis on which to build future collaboration.
Program in detail:
Imprint of Cosmopolitans
- A Guldgubba!! Cosmopolitans at work in Uppåkra and Sorte Muld. Professor Per Servais & Christer Foghagen, LNU.
- Born as a Citizen and Reborn as an Alien – Cosmopolitan at work in International Business. Associate professor Maria Elo, SDU
Cosmopolitans in Different Spaces
- Are all tourists really cosmopolitans? Solène Prince, Experience platform, LNU.
- Migrant and refugee entrepreneurs – to/from and in between. Maria Ivanova-Gongne, Åbo Akademi.
Cosmopolitans in Spaces
- Cosmopolitan cities and identities the example of Shanghai. Docent Johan Vaide, LNU.
- Ethnic Migrant and Diaspora Resources for Transnational Entrepreneurship. Associate Professor Richard Owusu, LNU.
- Boundary spanners and cosmopolitans? Implications for leadership in international organizations. Professor Wilhelm Barner-Rasmussen, Åbo Akademi.
- Cosmopolitan management – a must for international businesses? Professor Niina Nummela & Eriikka Paavilainen-Mäntymäki, Turku School of Economics.