How To Receive The Grant

1. When you apply for visa you will need the Grant Letter and the Invitation Letter. You will receive the Grant Letter and the Invitation Letter from Host University. European grantees receive the Grant Letter from Home university.

2. Arrange your insurance by sending a scanned copy of the Invitation Letter to mid.admissions[a] The Coordinator will issue the insurance according to the dates stated on the Invitation Letter.

3. Apply for visa as soon as possible! Save the receipt, as costs of one standard visa  will be reimbursed to you once your mobility period has ended. The residence permit costs will not be covered. The visa costs can be claimed by sending the original receipt of visa costs by post to the Coordinator.

4. Arrange all practicalities with the Host University (e.g. housing).

5. Arrange your travel through the Coordinator or buy the tickets yourself. Remember to keep all tickets and boarding passes safe. You will need them for reporting.

6. Once you have arrived at Host University,

  • Open an IBAN bank account (if you do not have one)
  • Take care of all the paper work required for grant payment
  • Take care of the paper work of your travel arrangements: send the original boarding cards to the Coordinator. If you have paid for your travel yourself, please also remember to send the original receipts of tickets for the reimbursement.

7. Report in the end of your mobility. Additional reports are required if your mobility is longer than one year.


20014 Turun yliopisto, Finland
Tel. +358 29 450 5000

People search

Follow us: 
Facebook   Twitter   Instagram   Youtube   LinkedIn
© University of Turku