Doctoral Training in the Faculty of Science and Engineering
High quality research is a strength of this multidisciplinary faculty, in which numerous research projects offer inspiring assignments for doctoral candidates. Doctoral training is organised into doctoral programmes, which actively develop the contents of the education and support internationalisation.
The most issues concerning doctoral education are decided by the Vice-Dean. Such issues are:
- nominating pre-examiners, opponents and custos,
- permission to send the thesis manuscript to pre-examination process,
- permission to defense the thesis,
- postgraduate degree study rights,
- updates to supervision plans,
- other postgraduate issues
Documents for decision-making should be submitted a couple of days before the closing date.
Preliminary timetable for vice-dean's decision
The Vice-Dean makes decisions on the dates specified in the schedule (unless otherwise stated). Documents for decision-making should be submitted a couple of days earlier.
- 10 May 2019
- 24 May 2019
- 7 June 2019
- The last decisions before summer break will be done on the week 26. The documents have to be delivered at the lastest by 19 June.
- The first decision time after the summer break is 16 August 2019. The timetable of autumn season will be published in August.
The faculty board makes decisions on accepting doctoral dissertations.
The meeting timetable of the faculty board:
- 31 January 2019
- 26 February 2019
- 8 March 2019 (electronic meeting)
- 4 April 2019
- 24 April 2019
- 29 May 2019
- 13 June 2019