Doctoral Training in the Faculty of Science and Engineering
High quality research is a strength of this multidisciplinary faculty, in which numerous research projects offer inspiring assignments for doctoral candidates. Doctoral training is organised into doctoral programmes, which actively develop the contents of the education and support internationalisation.
The most matters concerning doctoral education are decided by the Vice Dean. Such matters include:
- appointing pre-examiners, Opponent and Custos;
- the permission to send a thesis manuscript to pre-examination;
- the permission for the defence of dissertation;
- postgraduate degree study rights;
- updates to supervision plans;
- other postgraduate matters
Documents for decision-making should be submitted a couple of days before the closing date.
Preliminary timetable for Vice Dean's decisions
The Vice Dean makes decisions on the dates specified in the schedule. Documents for decision-making should be submitted a couple of days earlier.
- 29 April 2020
- 15 May 2020
- 29 May 2020
- 12 June 2020
- 26 June 2020
- 7 August 2020 (The decisions will be made approximately every second week during autumn period, detailed information will be informed in August)
The Faculty Board makes decides on accepting doctoral dissertations.
The meeting timetable of the Faculty Board:
- 20 January 2020
- 20 February 2020
- 5 March 2020
- 26 March 2020
- 28 April 2020
- 7 May 2020
- 11 June 2020