Limited Library Services Opened In June
Libraries will open on a limited basis from 10th of August 2020.
The premises of the Turku University Library have been closed on Wednesday, March 18, in accordance with the guidelines from the Government of Finland. The closure of the premises will last until August 9, 2020. Most library services will be available during the closure online.
From the 1st of June, limited library services are opened to students and staff of the University of Turku on a prior reservation basis.
On this page we will update more information about library services during this exceptional time.
2.7. Libraries will open on a limited basis from 10th of August and the Educarium collection point is shut down on the 5th of August
Customer service, information service and publishing support of the library will help you online
- Libraries will open on a limited basis from 10th of August.
- Library’s web services are available as usual: you can renew your loans and use e-resources. You cannot renew reserved books and regular overdue fines will be charged.
- You can contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org, by chat or by phone number +358 46 922 4648. Phone service is available weekdays from 9 am to 4 pm.
- There are normal loan times 1.6.2020 onwards
- Library will collect fees only for reserved books and overnight loans that are not returned in time.
- The borrowing of materials for study, teaching and research from the Turku University Library is enabled by an exceptional arrangement. Collection point for reserved material in the Educarium is open during the summer. The service is address only to Turku University members and will be shut down on the 5th of August. Read more detailed instructions.
- Materials used on the library's premises can be read in the Educarium library on weekdays 9-16
- max. 6 people at a time with prior reservation via e-mail email@example.com
- max 2 h/customer/day, times 9-11, 11.30-13.30 ja 14-16
- Electronic theses with restricted access can be accessed on the UTUPub terminal in the Educarium library on weekdays 9-16 (one person at a time with prior arrangement via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Teutori's workstation for cultural material can be accessed by one person at a time on weekdays 9-16 by booking in advance via e-mail email@example.com.
- Raisio's Newspaper and Ephemera Services will be open Mon-Fri 9-15 (closed 13th - 19th July) (max. 2 people at a time with advance booking via email firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Loans can be returned to the return boxes outside of Feeniks, Educarium and Calonia Library and to the return hatch of Teutori Library. The returned books are piled up during the week 24 - we apologize the inconvenience: all returns are checked-in as soon as possible and the groundless fees are deleted.
- Returns can also be mailed to the Feeniks Library with the address Feeniks-kirjasto, 20014 TURUN YLIOPISTO.
- During closure, library will run limited interlibrary services to the university staff and students and aims to deliver article requests from the National Repository Library. To make an article request, send an email to email@example.com, please.
- Feeniks Library Research Rooms are available to those researchers who have reserved them.
New library guide will help you to use e-resources and electronic services
- New library guide contains hints and tips how to use e-resources and library services
Learn and work at home with the help of E-resources
- The electronic resources are available in the network of Turku University or through remote access. Remote access requires UTU user ID and password. You find all our electronic resources on the Volter database.
- More information about electronic resources from utuguides
- Learn at your own pace and time - please see the material