Limited Library Services
Feeniks Library is open in the summer to the staff and students of the University of Turku. Other library units remain closed to prevent the spread of coronavirus.
Collection point for reserved material is in the Feeniks Library. The service is addressed to Turku University members only.
Please contact library by email at email@example.com if you are not a student or personnel at Turku University and you have questions about library facilities and materials or your loans.
2.7.2021 added opening of Feeniks Library and other summer opening hours
Customer service, information service and publishing support of the library will help you online
- Feeniks Library is open 14.6.-6.8.2021 to Turku University students and staff Mondays 9-18, Tuesdays-Fridays 9-16. Maximum number of people at the library is 50.
- Other library units are closed, but you can reserve material.
- The collection point for reserved material is open at the Feeniks library. Please see the instructions as well as the opening hours at the library's web page.
- Library’s web services are available as usual: you can renew your loans and use e-resources. You cannot renew reserved books or books, whose maximum loan period has been reached, and regular overdue fines will be charged.
- You can contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org, by chat or by phone +358 50 455 7059 Phone service is available weekdays from 9 am to 4 pm.
- In accordance with the University’s policies, the University buildings will be kept locked, but staff and students can access the collection point with electronic tag during opening hours. You can collect your electronic tag from info services in Natura building. Please remember to take your identity card with you. For more information on access rights, see University intranet (requires logging in), or contact email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have symptoms of a cold, influenza, or other infectious diseases, do not come to the campus.
Use of Materials at Library Premises
- The automatic renewal is working as usual, but you can also renew your loans yourself if there aren't any other patrons' requests.
- Please contact the library customer service by email email@example.com, if you need to have access to materials that can only be used on the library's premises
- Electronic theses with restricted access (UTUPub terminal)
- Cultural materials and workstations for cultural material
- Raisio's Newspaper and Ephemera Services are open only with advance booking via email firstname.lastname@example.org. Closed 28.6.-1.8.2021.
- In the summer loans can be returned to the return boxes outside of Feeniks Library.
- Books are returned from the boxes every morning on week days. If you have questions about overdue fines, please contact library customer service.
- Returns can also be mailed to the Feeniks Library with the address Feeniks-kirjasto, 20014 TURUN YLIOPISTO.
- Closed 28.6.-1.8.2021.
- During closure, library will run interlibrary services to the University staff and students. To make an request, please or fill in the request form or send an email to email@example.com. The interlibrary loans can be picked up from the ollection points for reserved material in the Feeniks Library and Teacher Education Library in Rauma. We are sorry for possible delays with interlibrary services.
- Materials are sent as interlibrary loans for other libraries.
- Borrowing between campuses (Turku - Rauma - Pori) is possible. Customers can borrow materials from campuses through the library's interlibrary services. Fill out the interlibrary loan request form online or contact us firstname.lastname@example.org. The service is free of charge.
- Feeniks Library Research Rooms are available to those researchers who have reserved them.
- Dissertation reading copys are at the information desk of the Natura building (entry through the door by the Vesilinnantie street).
New library guide will help you to use e-resources and electronic services
- New library guide contains hints and tips how to use e-resources and library services
Learn and work at home with the help of E-resources
- The electronic resources are available in the network of Turku University or through remote access. Remote access requires UTU user ID and password. You find all our electronic resources on the Volter database.
- More information about electronic resources from utuguides
- Learn at your own pace and time - please see the material