Areas of expertise
- 2018- Researcher, University of Turku & Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences
- 2017-2018 Post-doc researcher, Åbo Akademi University
- 2014-2017 Post-doc researcher, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences
- 2011-2014 Post-doc researcher, University of Turku
- 2011 PhD, University of Turku
- 2005 MSc, University of Turku
My research concentrates on the evolutionary and ecological aspects of plant-herbivore interactions. I am especially keen to understand how plants defend themselves against different herbivores. In addition, I am studying the role of endophytes in enhancing plant defenses. The knowledge gained from these studies can be integrated into plant protection strategies. As a study systems I use woodland strawberry (Fragaria vesca) and oilseed rape (Brassica rapa) and their associated herbivores.