We offer diverse positions and challenges in the interesting and changing education and research sector. Our work community is an active and international community of experts, and you will get to develop both your own expertise as well as the operations of your unit and the whole University.
The personnel is the University’s most important resource. The coping and well-being of personnel are significant goals of our personnel strategy. We create opportunities for career development and ensure our personnel have good work ability throughout their careers. We support our personnel in developing and increasing their expertise.
We offer our personnel:
- topical, versatile personnel training
- excellent environment for teaching and reaserch as well as expert work
- services and events promoting well-being at work
- CampusSport services at a personnel price
Facts about the University of Turku as an employer:
- number of employees working at the University of Turku is 3,400
- average age of personnel is 44 years
- share of women of the whole personnel is 59%
- share of international staff is 10%, share of researchers is over 21%
- employees from 60 different countries
- share of research personnel is 32% and teaching personnel 30%
- 38% works with other tasks supporting research and teaching
Statistics from the University of Turku Personnel Report 2017
Goals of the Personnel Policy
Every employee is responsible for promoting good work climate and creating a feeling of communality. Good leadership and competent managerial work create a basis for the realisation of the basic mission of the University and for the development of personnel well-being.
Recruitments are based on long-term human resource planning and take the emphases of education and research into account. The University attracts talented and motivated employees, and the number and structure of personnel corresponds to the needs of the University’s operation.
Using international recruitment channels in the recruitment of teaching and research personnel.
We value personnel’s competence as a success factor of the University. Development of expertise is supported by recognising training needs, offering different forms of continuing education, and developing leadership and management.
Researcher career opportunities at the University of Turku
Appreciation and support for researchers
The European Commission has awarded the University of Turku the right to use the HR Excellence in Research logo. The logo is a token of the university's commitment to continuous development of the position and working conditions of researchers along the guidelines set forth in the European Charter for Researchers. Read more >