You have been admitted to University of Turku, congratulations! Here you can find information on what to do next and what kind of practicalities you should take care of.
Check the Orientation programme!
1. Confirm the study place
Your will receive your Certificate of Admission by email. Please confirm your study place in SoleMOVE using the link provided upon your admission to the University of Turku.
Accept the study place
Applicants of joint application round January 2023 will receive the admission letter by email on 30 March 2023 (you can also see the result at Studyinfo). After that you have to accept the study place by the deadline given in the letter. The confirmation is done online at Studyinfo and cannot be altered later.
- If you receive also a scholarship the deadline is in April or in May. The exact date is stated in your admission letter.
- If you do not receive a scholarship the deadline is in mid-July.
If you do not accept the study place by the deadline you forfeit your right to enroll in the programme.
Please note that you can accept only one study place leading to a higher education degree in Finland per semester. So if you have applied for several programmes/universities and get admitted to more than one, you have to choose which study place you accept. Please read more information here.
Register with the University
After confirming the study place and possible scholarship you have to register with the university. The registration will open around mid-May, and you will receive an email about it before that, too.
- If you pay tuition fees the deadline for the payment is 31 July. Follow the instructions in the admission letter. We recommend you to pay the fee in our online shop. After the payment you can do the registration.
- Registration as attending student is done by paying the Student Union membership fee by 31 August. Your will receive a separate email with detailed instructions for registration. Also please check this website.
- You will receive an email when your new study right and Student Union fee payment have been entered into the university's study register. Please see further information here.
Pay the Student Health Care fee
Attending Bachelor's and Master's degree students must pay the compulsory Student Health Care fee, except students who have social security coverage from another EU/EEA country or from Switzerland or the United Kingdom. Student health care (Finnish Student Health Service, FSHS) is available to all attending Bachelor's and Master's Degree students. The compulsory health care fee must be paid directly to Kela once per term (spring term 31 January and autumn term 30 September) either with Finnish online banking credentials or as a bank transfer.
You will receive the admission letter by email. After that you have to accept the study place by the deadline given in the letter. The confirmation is done online at Studyinfo and cannot be altered later. If you do not accept the study place by the deadline you forfeit the study place.
Remember also to submit your original educational documents as instructed.