Areas of expertise
Antero Järvi (male) is working as a university teacher at the department of Future Technologies in University of Turku, and has an MSc (1993) in computer science. He is a seasoned engineering educator and an expert on software engineering, innovation, entrepreneurship, digital and platform business models, and business ecosystems. He’s teaching and research focuses on software engineering, digital platforms, entrepreneurship and innovation. During the last five years he has gained experience in challenging context of East-Africa, innovating with disruptive technologies together with local universities, startups and Finnish tech companies. He has also co-founded three startups and mentored and coached a few dozen digital services/product and game startups. Currently he is involved in several startup and growth phase companies in various roles (CEO, board member, advisor).
Currently the main teaching responsibilities are running three MSc level courses as a responsible teacher, and supervising MSc and BSc theses. All current and past courses are created and introduced to curricula by me.
- Lean Platform Business Design (a hands on course on digital platform business creation, 3 instances)
- Advanced Course on Software Engineering (requirements engineering, stakeholder involvment, innovation, value creation, 2 instances)
- Software Testing and Quality Assurance (2 instances)
- Software Engineering and Software Security (2 instances)
- Lean Software Startup (a hands-on course on lean startup innovation process 6 instances)
- Practical Agile Software Testing (hands-on testing course in agile project context, 8 instances)
- Advanced Software Engineering (a practice oriented course on agile and distributed software development, 9 instances)
- Software Testing, (4 instances)
- Project Course in software engineering (practical multi-team software development project, 6 instances)
- Basic course on Software Engineering, (13 instances)
- Programming III (advanced level programming and design patterns, 4 instances)
- Computer Network Security (3 instances)
- Various other basic level courses on computer science/software engineering/programming
Research interests are related to software engieering, innovation and entrepreneurship, specifically in engineering education. Currently the focuses on various challenge/problem based methods, innovation and entrepreneurship as pedagogical tools in ICT engineer education and routes to employment in the context of Tanzanian universities.