Areas of expertise
Business Models and Business modeling;
Business Model Innovation;
D.Sc. (Econ) Marikka Heikkilä is Research Director, Industrial Innovation Studies at the School of Economics, Centre for Collaborative Research (CCR). She has an interest in maritime business, business models and business model innovation, and collaboration and coordination in business networks, especially with regard to information systems and services.
She has 20+ years of experience on joint research projects between companies and universities. Most recently she was leading ecosystem and business models research in a consortium consisting of more than 20 maritime companies and research institutes.She has authored numerous scientific articles, the most recent ones appearing in the journal of Small Business and Enterprise Development (Winner of Emerald Literati Award for Outstanding Paper), European Management review, and Electronic Markets.
- D.Sc. (Econ.), Faculty of Information Technology, University of Jyväskylä 2010
- M.Lic (Econ.), Helsinki School of Economics 1996
- M.Sc. (Econ.), Helsinki School of Economics 1990
- Innovation of business models and operations, enabled by digitalisation, robotization, data, smart specialisation etc.
- Management and collaboration
- Ecosystems, platform economy
- Change from product to service orientation