Areas of expertise
D.Sc. (Tech.) in 2008, Microelectronics.
In addition to University stuff, I am also working in industry:
- Aboa Space Research Oy, Senior Engineer, Chairman of the Board
- Kovilta Oy, Lead FPGA Architect
- 2010 - 2012, FPGA Prototyping, (5 ECTS)
- 2009 - 2011 Sulautetut prosessorijärjestelmät (Embedded Processor Systems), (5 ECTS)
- 2005 - 2008 Mikroprosessoripohjaiset järjestelmät (Microprocessor Based Systems), (5 ECTS)
- 2007 Embedded Virtual Machines on FPGAs (6 / 3 ECTS), post-graduate level course
- 2006 Special Course on Floating Point Arithmetics, (3 ECTS)
- 2006 Special Course on External Funding, (2 ECTS)
Besides these, I have been participating in teaching of courses in electronics and related fields since 1998, first at Department of Applied Physics and later at Department of Information Technology, both in University of Turku. Most of these have been demonstrations and exercises. Courses include: Microprocessors, Digital Teaching Media, Analog Electronics II, Design of Electronic Equipment, Analog Electronics I, Multimedia Algorithms, LSI Circuit Design, Circuit Theory I and Basic Electronics.
All things related to FPGAs, and especially their use in space and/or in imaging.