Thematics Talk Together - Sustainability 5.10.2022
Hosted by Biodiversity and Sustainability
The first event of the Thematics Talk Together -seminar series will be organized on Wednesday 5 October at 14.15–16.00 at the Säästöpankki -lecture hall, Main building.
The first seminar is hosted by Biodiversity and sustainability -strategic profile. The theme of the first seminar will be Complex biodiversity and sustainability.
Professor Ilari Sääksjärvi will open the seminar.
The speakers and their topics are:
- Environmental crisis cannot be solved without humanistic research, Adjunct Professor Otto Latva (Cultural Production and Landscape Studies)
- Mapping diverse values of nature, Associate Professor Nora Fagerholm (Geography)
- How to promote public awareness of biodiversity?, Project Researcher Henna Rouhiainen (Biodiversity Unit of the University of Turku)
- Empowering sustainable small-scale fishery and aquaculture, Postdoctoral Researcher Ayu Pratiwi (Economic Geography)
- Moderator of the seminar: adjunct professor Juulia Räikkönen (Biodiversity Unit of the University of Turku)
>> registration by Monday 3 October (Coffee will be served)
Biodiversity and sustainability -strategic profile focuses on biodiversity crisis, climate change and securing sustainable food production, which are humanity’s most significant challenges. With research and research-based education on biodiversity, climate change, bioenergy, circular economy and multispecies ethics, we can create prerequisites for a sustainable future and innovations.