Areas of expertise
PhD (Education) from the University of Turku in 2016. Currently working at the Unit for University Pedagogy.
I have accomplished pedagogical studies (60 ECTS). At the moment, my teaching responsibilities include:
- Master's thesis seminars [Research seminar I (16 cr) & II (14 cr)] in classroom teacher education programme
- Teacher's pedagogical studies for university teachers, where I teach in several courses, e.g.,:
- Yliopistopedagogiikan perusteet (10 op) [Basics of university pedagogy (10 cr)]
- Tieteenalakohtainen yliopistopedagogiikka I (5 op) [Discipline specific university pedgogy I (5 cr)]
- Opetusharjoittelu omassa työssä (6 op) [Teaching practice in own work (6 cr)]
- Opetusharjoittelu uudessa ympäristössä (6 op) [Teaching practice in a new environment (6 cr)]
My research interests have always been in university pedagogics, and my research aims at supporting learning and developing teaching at the university. In my doctoral thesis I studied university students’ regulation of learning and text processing with multiple methods and in various contexts. Recently, the focus of my research has shifted towards university teachers, whose conceptions of teaching, pedagogical development during pedagogical trainings and regulation of teaching and development of teaching I’m currently studying.