Areas of expertise
I hold a doctoral degree (2004) and MSc degree (1997) in Human Geography at University of Turku. The area of specialisation in my doctoral studies was regional development and regional policies. I have worked as a researcher and a project manager Centre for Maritime Studies at the University of Turku, Brahea Centre since 2006, and as a university teacher at the University of Turku Open University since 2018. Before that I worked as a researcher in Finnish Environment Institute (SYKE) at Research Programme for Environmental Policy (2004-2005), as a researcher/doctoral candidate at University of Turku, Department of Geography (2002-2004), as a researcher at University of Tampere, Department of Regional Studies and Environmental Policy (2001-2002, Academy of Finland project BIAPIA), and as a Project Manager, Loimaa Region Development Centre (1997-1998).
- University of Turku/Open university, Geography, bachelor level course “Introduction to geography ” (5 cu) (MAAN6043), autumn 2019 -
- Open University: Environmental science/Environment and society 5 cu (together with Minna Pappila) since autumn 2018-
- University of Turku/Open university, Geography, bachelor level course ”Social and political Geography ” (MAAN6260) (3 cu) Spring 2019-2022.
- University of Turku/Open university, Geography bachelor level course "The geography of natural resources" (MAAN6055) (4 cu), Spring 2020-
- Supervision of Igne Stalmokaite's Ph.D thesis ”Tracing dynamics of environmental governance and adoption of environmental innovations in Baltic Sea shipping companies” 2017-2021
- Supervision of Daria Gritsenko's Ph.D thesis ”On governance of quality shipping in the Baltic Sea. Exploring collective action in polycentric contexts” 2011-2014.