First Article Language Checking Service - FALCS
The aim of this service is to give Doctoral Candidates currently writing their first article for publication the chance to have their text checked by a native speaker of English. They will also be able to have a short consultation with the language expert to evaluate the text and discuss the corrections that need to be made.
To qualify for this new service:
- you are working on your first article for publication (in English) - nb! you can also send a part of your monograph (max. 5000 words) to be checked
- it is a ‘first order’ article (you have main responsibility for it)
- the article is ready for publication except for language checking
- you are an active and current Doctoral Candidate at the University of Turku
- This free service operates on a strictly first-come, first-served basis. It is open to all Doctoral Candidates of the University of Turku who are writing their FIRST article for publication.
- Texts will be dealt with in the order in which they come.
- We have limited capacity, so you may have to wait, depending on volume.
- PLEASE ENSURE ALL YOUR CONTACT DATA AND THE NAME OF YOUR SUPERVISOR ARE IN THE TEXT. Then, upload your text (see point 11 for instructions). A message will be sent automatically to our staff.
- You will then receive a message to say if your text can be accepted immediately and when you can expect to get your text back.
- Checking time is one week, after which you will be contacted to arrange a meeting for you to get your text back and receive feedback.
- The whole process will last a maximum of two weeks.
- If we cannot accept your text immediately, due to high demand, you will receive an email to inform you if we can take it at a later date (and when that will be).
- We reserve the right not to accept texts if our capacity is not sufficient.
- We will, of course, make all efforts to ensure a smooth-running service.
To access this service that operates through Moodle use the link here:
Enrollment key: falcs2013