International Master in Management of IT (IMMIT)
Students of the IMMIT joint degree programme will receive three Master’s degrees and become hybrid managers at the intersection of Information Systems (IS) and business functions – all within an international business context.
The International Master in Management of IT (IMMIT) triple degree is a 2-year Master program (4 semesters: 120 ECTS credits).
The programme will teach you how to help international businesses and organizations set up, optimize and manage information systems and IT processes to meet strategic and operational needs. You will learn how to make the right choices with respect to new IT systems and processes.
IMMIT has more than 10 years of experience with international education, in September 2022 cohort 14 will receive their degrees.
Reasons to choose IMMIT:
- Benefit from the latest knowledge in the field of Information Technology. Our lecturers belong to the forefront of international research.
- Strong links with the business world. The content of the program is established in consultation with leading companies, consisting of practice oriented cases, assignments and guest speakers on a regular basis. You’ll also have the opportunity to do an internship as common basis for your Master’s thesis.
- Innovative teaching. Work, for example, on a current real-world problem and apply your knowledge from multiple courses during a newly developed boot camp teaching method.
- All professors are experts in the information technology field, many of which have an international background.
- Good career opportunities in advisory and businesses.
Partner universities are all excellent and accredited universities. The business and economics programs of Tilburg University and the University of Turku have been accredited by the Association To Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). The Aix-Marseille Graduate School of Management has been awarded with both the EQUIS and AMBA accreditation.
Our universities have active student organisations for students in Information Management. Organisations like Asset | SBIT in T provide its members with career orientation, study support, and informal events.
Programme in brief
The IMMIT program offers many great future career opportunities. We see a clear divide between students that pursue a career in the Services/Industry as consultants or end up working for various other companies to perform IT related tasks. Learn more!
During this program, you will learn how to help organizations by predicting customer behavior, knowing what social media users share and with whom and how citizens become service providers. All while taking into account the data analytics architecture of organizations and how to standardize and integrate ERP systems for better results.
Other relevant topics that will be covered:
- Creating value with data
- Digital transformation
- IT governance & strategic sourcing
- Insight in digital technology :
- Business Intelligence & Data analytics
- AI & its business applications
- Privacy and cybersecurity
- Business process integration
- Enterprise Architecture as a business strategy
- And many more…
Eligibility to apply to the doctoral studies: at the University of Turku in information systems science.
We already have close to 10 IMMIT doctors in science.
- The IMMIT program is open to students with a Bachelor’s or equivalent undergraduate degree (180 ECTS) either in Management, Economics, Business Administration or in Computer Science/Information System. Students with an engineering degree can be admitted if their previous education includes IT and information systems.
- A satisfactory scholastic average – a minimum of 3.0 (B) grade-point average (7/10) – in course work completed during the Bachelor’s degree.
- Students in the last year of their Bachelor’s studies can also apply for admission. The Selection Committee can tentatively admit the student based on a transcript of his/her academic record and the expected date of graduation, together with an official letter from their home university stating that the student will have completed the degree in due time.
- The IMMIT program is primarily aimed at fresh Bachelor’s graduates with no more than a few years work experience. Based on our experiences, the program content may be less relevant for those applicants with a substantial amount of work experience.
You need to prove your proficiency in English by submitting the results of one of these tests:
- TOEFL with a minimum score of 575 (paper-based) / 233 (computer-based) / 90-91 (internet-based).
- The TOEFL institutional code for Tilburg University is 9860.
- Academic IELTS score with a minimum of 6.5 score overall and a minimum score of 6.0 on individual parts of the test.
- Cambridge English test results: C1 advanced (formerly CAE) or C2 proficiency (formerly CPE). For both C1 and C2, we accept a score of A, B or C.
An English proficiency test is not required if:
You are an English native speaker, i.e. if you are a citizen of, or have obtained your university education in English for at least three years in one of the following countries: Australia, Canada (with exception of Quebec), New Zealand, United Kingdom, Ireland and the United States of America.