Faculty Council of the Faculty of Humanities
The Faculty Council has a number of tasks. Among these are: development of teaching and research, preparation of the budget and strategy proposals as well as outlining the overall distribution of resources, accepting the teaching curricula, doctoral dissertations, and preparation of a proposal regarding the number of new students and their selection criteria.
The chair of the Council is the Dean of the Faculty. The Faculty Council members come from three different groups: one third consists of professors, one third of teaching, research and administration staff, and one third of student representatives.
The term of the Faculty Council is four years, with the exception of student representatives, whose term lasts two years.
Chair: Dean, Professor Jaakko Suominen
Members (and substitutes)
- Professor Joel Kuortti (Professor Leena Kolehmainen)
- Professor Jyri Vaahtera (Professor Camilla Wide)
- Professor Tuomas Huumo (Professor Sirkka Saarinen)
- Professor Taina Syrjämaa (Professor Marjo Kaartinen)
- Professor Helena Ruotsala (Professor Maunu Häyrynen)
- Professor Päivi Lappalainen (Professor John Richardson)
- University Lecturer Minna Sandelin (University Lecturer Elina Valovirta)
- University Lecturer Krista Ojutkangas (University Lecturer Minna Seppänen)
- University Teacher Outi Veivo (University Teacher Sanna Pelttari)
- University Lecturer Aino Mäkikalli (University Lecturer Mari Pajala)
- University Teacher Ulla Ijäs (University Lecturer Janne Harjula)
- University Teacher Minna Opas (Professor Anne Heimo)
- Cand.Phil. Vilppu Kuusipalo (Graduate student Veera Semi)
- Graduate student Sanna Rihu (MA Mari Säisä)
- Cand.Phil. Crista Sinisalo (HuK Saara Vuorinen)
- Graduate student Otso Norblad (Graduate student Saana Kallio)
- Cand.Phil. Jenni Lahtinen (Cand.Phil. Tanja Laimi)
- Graduate student Joni Järvinen (Graduate student Taija Ahlstedt)
The term of the Faculty Council members is fixed. The current term will conclude in 31.12.2021.