Faculty Council of the Faculty of Humanities
The Faculty Council has a number of tasks. Among these are: development of teaching and research, preparation of the budget and strategy proposals as well as outlining the overall distribution of resources, accepting the teaching curricula, doctoral dissertations, and preparation of a proposal regarding the number of new students and their selection criteria.
The chair of the Council is the Dean of the Faculty. The Faculty Council members come from three different groups: one third consists of professors, one third of teaching, research and administration staff, and one third of student representatives.
The term of the Faculty Council is four years, with the exception of student representatives, whose term lasts two years.
Chair: Dean, Professor Jaakko Suominen
Vice-Dean, Professor Marja-Liisa Helasvuo
Vice-Dean, Professor Taina Syrjämaa
Members (and substitutes)
- Professor Joel Kuortti (Professor Leena Kolehmainen)
- Professor Jyri Vaahtera (Professor Camilla Wide)
- Professor Tuomas Huumo (Professor Sirkka Saarinen)
- Professor Taina Syrjämaa (Professor Marjo Kaartinen)
- Professor Helena Ruotsala (Professor Maunu Häyrynen)
- Professor Päivi Lappalainen (Professor John Richardson)
- University Lecturer Minna Sandelin (University Lecturer Elina Valovirta)
- University Lecturer Krista Ojutkangas (University Lecturer Minna Seppänen)
- University Teacher Outi Veivo (University Teacher Sanna Pelttari)
- University Lecturer Aino Mäkikalli (University Lecturer Mari Pajala)
- University Lecturer Janne Harjula (University Teacher Jarkko Keskinen)
- University Teacher Minna Opas (Professor Anne Heimo)
- Graduate student Joni Järvinen (Graduate student Katri Sohlman)
- Graduate student Otso Norblad (Graduate student Taru Savolainen)
- Graduate student Jenni Jäntti (Graduate student Axel Ojala)
- Graduate student Paula Pättikangas (Graduate student Veera Semi)
- Cand.Phil. Tanja Laimi (Cand.Phil. Vilppu Kuusipalo)
- Cand.Phil. Teemu Helenius (Cand.Phil. Karoliina Nurmio)
The term of the Faculty Council members is fixed. The current term will conclude in 31.12.2021.