Research at the Department of Occupational Health
Occupational health is an interesting research area. At the University of Turku there are several ongoing research projects within the field of occupational health and occupational medicine.
- Dust mites and storage mites in work environment, occurrence and health effects. Joint project with the Kuopio University Hospital and University of Eastern Finland.
- Indoor air in swimming pools and spas, working conditions of the personnell, health effects and pulmonary function among workers and competetive swimmers. Joint project with the centre of Sport Medicine in Helsinki, University of Eastern Finland and Kuopio University Hospital.
- Moulds and actinomycetes in drinking water. Health risk among workers and in Finnish population. Joint project with the National Institute of Health and Welfare, National Health Insurance Institution and Cancer Register.
- Legionellae in sew water from pulp mills, exposure and health effects. Joint project with the National Institute of Health and Welfare.
- Moisture damage and microbial exposure in Finnish schools, day-care centres and health care facilities, exposure and health effects among workers. Several partners.
- Moisture damage, microbial exposure at work place and cancer. Joint project with the Finnish Cancer Register.
The prevalence and risk factors of hoarseness among pupils in elementary schools in the South of Finland (2023)
Logopedics Phoniatrics Vocology(Refereed journal article or data article (A1))
The association of voice problems with exposure to indoor air contaminants in health care centres - the effect of remediation on symptom prevalence: A follow-up study (2023)
Indoor and Built Environment(Refereed journal article or data article (A1))
Comparison of magnetic resonance imaging findings among sciatica patients classified as centralizers or non-centralizers (2023)
Journal of Manual & Manipulative Therapy(Refereed journal article or data article (A1))