Training programme: Phenomena based teaching and learning
The training provides the participants with understanding of designing and delivering phenomena based learning experience for students.
The training programme is suitable for teachers in basic education (students aged 7-15).
However, the content can be tailored also for teacher educators and pedagogical leaders who want to support teachers in implementing student centered pedagogy.
After the training, you will be able to:
- practise phenomena based and interdisciplinary approach in your teaching
- engage the students in the learning process
- improve students´ skills in solving real life problems
- create suitable problem and research scenarios
- use various active learning methods in classroom and outdoors, and
- apply maths and science activities as well as art based learning methods in your classroom.
The training consists of the following topics:
- Active methods and classroom management
- How to plan effective phenomena based learning
- Problem based learning and teacher guided projects
- Research based projects and student guided projects
- Implementation in local context
The duration of the training is 5 days. It can take place either in Finland or in customer’s location.
Our academic experts deliver the workshop with interactive lectures, practical demonstrations, participant hands-on work and discussion.
27 000 € per group in Finland (excluding possible VAT). Please ask for an offer for delivery in your location.
Maximum group size 25 participants.