Consultation and training programme: Setting up a business incubator ecosystem
A business incubator ecosystem helps students and researchers to develop their ideas into business. We offer both consultation and training supporting you in setting up an incubator to your university.
The programme is suitable for both universities and individual faculties.
The consultation requires participation of leaders and directors. The training programme is targeted to university lecturers who will start acting as coaches in the Ecosystem programmes.
By the end of the consultation and training programme your university will have:
- a community of practice that inspires business creation
- a collaborative workspace for students and researchers, where they can interact and develop their ideas
- coaches an hosts who can facilitate and support students' and researchers' learning and business creation
- experience and capacity to carry out events supporting the growth and viability of the ecosystem
- experience and capacity to carry out programmes for developing participants' ideas into businesses
The programme consists of Phase 1 and Phase 2.
Mapping customer's context and needs and adapting the programme to suit them. The Phase 1 includes expert visit and workshop in customer's location, and a detailed project plan and a cost proposal for the Phase 2.
The Phase 2 consists of the following themes and topics:
- Consultation on identifying relevant actors and engaging them on the ecosystem development
- Consultation on establishing the Hub, the community of practice and learning
- Consultation on developing the Makerspace, the collaborative workspace for students and researchers
- Training and consultation to support the launch of ecosystem fostering events, such as
- Innovation and startup challenges and programs/processes
- Mentoring and business model coaching for startups and entrepreneurs-to-be
- Growth and internationalization programmes for start-ups willing to accelerate their business
- Fasilitation of higher education – industry collaboration
- Facilitiating regional knowledge transfer and cooperation
- Alumni events
- Training and consultation to support the launch of business development programmes:
- Let’s innovate! – identifying a business problem
- Let’s Start-up! – the start-up journey
- Let’s do business! – from start-up to growth company
- Let’s be creative! – business development and design thinking
- Inno58h – innovation camp
- Startup58h – start-up marathon
Total duration of the consultation process is 1-2 years.
The delivery is a combination of online workshops and expert visits at customer’s location.
Phase 1: 24 900 € (excluding possible VAT).
Phase 2: To be defined in Phase 1. Estimated cost 80 000 – 120 000 €.