The history of the Turku University Library: from a book collection to international research university library
- Arcanum Library is opened
- The book Avoin, säilyttävä, uudistuva – Turun yliopiston kirjasto 1921–2021 is published to celebrate the library’s centenary
The new library system Alma and the new user interface of the Volter database are introduced
- Calonia Library is renewed and opened
- The Volter library catalogue is renewed to Finna - Nelli portal goes out of use
- Turku University Library services on campus reorganised into six libraries
- Teutori Library is opened
- Quantum Library is renewed and opened
- New library web pages and ReseachGuides sevice are opened.
- Newspaper- and ephemeraservices is moved to Raisio
- As the Turku School of Economics and the University of Turku merge, the libraries merge as well to form the Turku University Library.
- The library ceases to be a Special Unit of the University and becomes part of the University Services.
- Ulla Nygrén starts as the Library Director.
- Doria archive for electronic publishing is opened.
- The joint ICT Library for three universities in Turku is established.
- The Nelli portal is opened.
- The faculty libraries of education and social sciences merge.
- The Main Library building is renovated.
- Tuulikki Nurminen starts as the Library Director.
- FinElib cooperation begins. The purpose of the national FinElib consortium is to advance the use of scholarly online material.
- The Volter library catalogue is opened for customer use on the internet.
- Marja Engman starts as the Library Director.
- A CD-ROM system is purchased for making article searches.
- The library of the School of Translation Studies is merged into the Turku University Library.
- Heikki Eskelinen starts as the Library Director.
- The current European Documentation Centre starts as the first European Union Deposit Library in Finland.
- The Main Library building at the University Hill, built with donated funds, is completed.
- Turun kauppakorkeakoulun kirjasto aloittaa toimintansa.
- The first faculty library, the Medical Library, is established.
- Eero K. Neuvonen starts as the Library Director.
- The Turku University Library is established.
- Volter Kilpi is appointed as the Library Director.
- Kilpi creates the systematics and the cataloguing rules based on his experiences in the libraries of Helsinki and Turku as well as on the models in Central Europe and Sweden.
- The library becomes a legal deposit library.
- At the initiative of the library committee of the Turku Finnish University Society, a book collection is started with the aim of establishing a library.