Turku School of Economics offers its alumni an opportunity to join an extensive and active alumni network. We want to stay closely in touch with our alumni and we are pride of the fact that our graduates want to participate in our activities. See our benefits and opportunities and join us!
All those who have studied and completed a degree (also EMBA) at Turku School of Economics are considered alumni of Turku School of Economics. The former and current staff members of Turku School of Economics are also welcome to attend our alumni events.
Turku School of Economics maintains its own alumni register under the University of Turku. Since 2016, the data of graduates who have given their consent has been transferred directly to the alumni register. Persons who have graduated before the year 2016 can join in here.
We provide our registered alumni with opportunities for networking, for example, in different alumni events. We regularly keep our alumni updated on our news and share information concerning, for example, training and collaboration opportunities. Through us, it is possible to participate in the development of the institution and in teaching. We want to be involved in supporting the development of our graduates and the organisations they represent. We are proud of the fact that our alumni want to take part in our operation by, for example, providing our students with valuable insights into working life.
All those who have studied and completed a degree (also EMBA) at Turku School of Economics are considered alumni of Turku School of Economics. The former and current staff members of Turku School of Economics are also welcome to attend our alumni events. Turku School of Economics maintains its own alumni register under the University of Turku. Since 2016, the data of graduates who have given their consent has been transferred directly to the alumni register. Persons who have graduated before the year 2016 can fill out this form to join in:
> JOIN US – maintain your vantage point!
Registered alumni are entitled to several benefits:
- The alumni newsletter by e-mail approximately four times a year. The alumni letter contains event invitations, topical news concerning our research, education and collaboration, and information on our further education and collaboration opportunities. In addition, our alumni receive the Turku School of Economics newsletter in which we keep them up to date on our research, teaching, projects, and collaboration.
- Annually starting mentoring programmes are an excellent way to stay involved in the everyday university life and to gain new perspectives on and energy for occupational development and career prospects.
- Invitations to the alumni events and other stakeholder events of Turku School of Economics.
- Support for organising class meetings in connection with the alumni day.
- An opportunity to participate in the development of the university and in supporting the students. The Alumni Keynote Speakers lecture series is a great example of the commitment of our alumni to their home university and its current students.
- Information and support for finding employment and for the different stages of your career from the University of Turku Career Services.
- Opportunity to support researchers and students by supporting the University of Turku.
The annual highlight of the alumni events at Turku School of Economics is the traditional alumni day, in addition to which other alumni events are also organised in Turku and Helsinki.
Alumni are also invited to other events organised jointly by Turku School of Economics and its partners.
These events represent the interaction between our school and alumni at its best, so join us!
In our extremely popular lecture series, the alumni of Turku School of Economics share their own working life stories and the top moments of their career with our students. In collaboration with the students’ subject associations, the alumni and Turku School of Economics initiated the Alumni Keynote Speakers lecture series in 2012. The lecture series creates immediate interaction between the students and the alumni. More than a hundred students participate in the Alumni Keynote Speakers lecture series each year.
During the lectures, the students hear examples in the form of the versatile experiences and career stories of the alumni, and the alumni gain a refreshing insight into the potential of the students of Turku School of Economics. The alumni visits generate a productive dialogue between the graduates and students planning their career.
Interested in giving some of your valuable time to students?
Those interested in speaking in the lecture series may contact the coordinator of the lecture series, Education Manager Eija Koskivaara, at email@example.com, or contact the alumni activities by sending e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alumni Keynote Speakers 2022
- 23.9. Otto Virtomaa, Vice President, Strategic Alliances, Nordic & Baltic Region at SAP ja Petri Hollmén, Entrepreneur at Lyyti, Event Success Management professional & community founder, National Entrepreneur Award Winner 2018, Influencer of 2018 in Event Business
- 30.9. Veera Sahlberg, COO at Paavo Nurmi Games (PN Turku Oy)
- 7.10. Maija Junkola-Lehtonen, CRO CRO Festivo-Porkka Group, Board MemberBoard Member, Turun Osuuskauppa
- 14.10. Otto-Gabriel Heikkilä, Manager, Group Consolidation and Reporting at Philips Domestic Appliances, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Alumni Keynote Speakers 2021
- 1.11. Maija Renko, Professor and Coleman Chair of Entrepreneurship · DePaul University, Chicago, Illinois, United States
- 8.11. Topi Manner, toimitusjohtaja, Finnair
- 15.11. Tapio Peltomäki, TOK, hallituksen puheenjohtaja
- 22.11. Merie Joseph Kannampuzha, manager at United Nations Global Pulse
- 29.11. Tuija Helander, valmentaja, toimittaja
Alumni Keynote Speakers in 2020
- 26.10. Osmo Rauhala, Artist, Organic farmer, Social debater
- 2.11. Minna Arve, Mayor of Turku
- 9.11. Pia Kiuru, Regional Manager, Finnvera Oyj
- 16.11. Anne-Mari Virolainen, Member of Parliament, The Finnish Parliament
- 23.11. Matias Kaila, Manager, Fund Investments, Finnish Industry Investment Ltd (Tesi)
- 30.11. Ville Alanko, Product Managet, Oy Hartwall Ab
The Alum of the Year recognition of Turku School of Economics is awarded annually to one person selected from among alumni of Turku School of Economics.
This recognition is awarded to a person with considerable merit in their field, who through their work, efforts and example has contributed to increasing awareness of Turku School of Economics and appreciation for education.
The Alum of the Year is chosen by the Dean and is announced each year in connection with the alumni day.
Alum of the Year 2021 Kaisa Leiwo
Alum of the Year 2020 Mika Hentunen
Alum of the Year 2019 Minna Arve
Alum of the Year 2018 Tomi Virtanen
Alum of the Year 2017 Panu Routila
Alum of the Year 2016 Kirsi Leväpelto
Alum of the Year 2015 Ilpo Korhonen
Alum of the Year 2014 Tapio Reponen
Alum of the Year 2013 Lauri Kivinen
Alum of the Year 2012 Mika Aaltonen
Alum of the Year 2011 Essi Avellan
Alum of the Year 2010 Kristiina Helenius
Alum of the Year 2009 Osmo Rauhala
Alum of the Year 2008 Jukka Hienonen
Alum of the Year 2007 Reijo Karhinen
Alum of the Year 2006 Paula Lehtomäki
Alum of the Year 2005 Lasse Kurkilahti
Alumni activities at Turku School of Economics are planned and coordinated by the Alumni Committee consisting of alumni and headed by Dean of Turku School of Economics, Professor Markus Granlund. The Committee’s term of office is one calendar year. The members of the Alumni Committee are all alumni from different class years.
We are happy to answer all questions related to joining our alumni network, and we welcome ideas for developing the alumni relations and feedback on our activities. You are also welcome to contact us if you are interested in joining the Committee or providing some other form of contribution. You can contact us by e-mail at email@example.com
Committee (2 Jan - 31 Dec 2022):
Markus Granlund, Chair, class 1986; Dean, professor, Turku School of Economics, University of Turku
Heli Hookana, class 1988; Chief Specialist, Talenom Oyj
Pihla Koski, class 2020; Vice Chair, The Association of the Economic Students in Turku (TuKY)
Hannele Järvenpää, class 1986; Development Director, TSE exe, University of Turku
Ville Niukko, class 1997; Senior Partner, Kuntamaisema /NHG Finland Oy
Tomi Virtanen, class 2003; Founder, CEO, Doerz Co Oy
Pirjo Vuokko, class 1974; Private Consultant and Trainer, Management Expert
Nina Widberg, Office Assistant, Turku School of Economics, University of Turku, Secretary of the Committee