Doctoral Programme of Social and Behavioural Sciences
The Doctoral Programme of Social and Behavioural Sciences is part of the University of Turku Graduate School (UTUGS). The field of a Doctor of Social Sciences can be philosophy, contemporary history, social policy, social work, sociology, economic sociology, political science, or East Asian Studies. The degree of a Doctor of Psychology is in the field of psychology. The field of a Doctor of Philosophy can be philosophy, speech-language pathology or psychology.
Each of the faculty’s professionals approaches society from the perspective of their own academic discipline. The current research themes are listed below:
- Political organizations, international relations and government with the objective of conducting research on the state, political systems and power.
- The recent history of politics, international relations and society
- Contemporary East-Asian societies and politics including their recent histories.
- Bioethics, philosophy of political and social sciences, and the history of philosophy (especially early modern philosophy)
- Research on cognition and various states of consciousness, studying the neural basis of various cognitive processes, and research on reading and reading comprehension.
- Multicultural Research, Political Sociology, Sociology of Housing, Social Inequalities, Social Theory and Welfare Research
Fortcoming open calls to the doctoral programme:
- 1.3. - 18.3.2022 (study right begins 1.8.2022)
- 29.8. - 16.9.2022 (study right begins 1.1.2023 + UTUGS funded positions 1.1.2023-31.12.2026)
- 1.3. - 17.3.2023 (study right begins 1.8.2023)
The Direct of the Doctoral Programme:
professor Juha Räikkä
The Coordinator of the Doctoral Programme:
coordinator Vesa Rautio
Please contact the coordinator, if you want to attend the emailning list for doctoral students or supervisors.