Providing electronic documents
If you were admitted to a master's degree programme or received a right to pursue a doctoral degree at the University of Turku, you must provide your educational documents for verification. Here you can find instructions on how to send electronic documents to the University.
University of Turku accepts documents submitted electronically through the international transcript services listed below. The transcript must always be verifiable from the service. Please request your electronic transcript to be submitted to admissions(at)utu.fi or select the University of Turku from the list of receivers. Please refer to the services’ own instructions for more details on how to use each service.
- Parchment Exchange (https://www.parchment.com/)
- Truecopy (http://www.electronictranscripts.com)
- National Student Clearinghouse (http://www.studentclearinghouse.org/)
- Digitary (http://www.digitary.net/)
- My eQuals (https://www.myequals.edu.au/receiving-documents/)
- Credentials Solutions / TranscriptsNetwork / Credentials Inc. (http://www.credentialssolutions.net/)
- Vitnemålsportalen (https://www.vitnemalsportalen.no/hvordan/)
- Gradintel (https://gradintel.com)
- Ladok (https://www.student.ladok.se)
If your institution uses a service not listed here, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will check if it is possible for us to accept your documents through this service. Please note that the University of Turku reserves the right to make the final decision on whether a service is accepted or not.
The University of Turku accepts electronic educational documents that can be verified using an electronic verification service on the awarding institution’s website.
- The entire document must be verifiable using the service: the service must show the exact same content as the document you submitted.
- If the service verifies only parts of the document, we do not accept the document as officially certified. Instead, submit the original according to country specific instructions.
Please note that we cannot guarantee that we will accept verification services in languages other than English, Finnish or Swedish. If the electronic document verified by the service is not available in English, Finnish or Swedish, you must submit an official translation of the original document as well.
University of Turku reserves the right to evaluate each electronic document and verification service case by case. If we cannot verify the required information, you must submit the document following the general instructions and possible country specific instructions.
If your institution does not use any electronic credential services to share official educational documents nor awards electronically verifiable documents, you may ask that your institution sends your official electronic educational documents by email directly to the University of Turku to the following email address:
In order for the document to be accepted, certain requirements must be met:
- The email must be sent from the issuing institution’s official institutional email account
- The sending email must be verifiable on the institution’s public website
- The sending email must belong to a person or office that is responsible for issuing official educational documents, for example: registrar’s office, controller of examinations, awards and graduation department etc.
- The attached document must be in PDF format
Documents sent by email that do not meet the above requirements are not accepted. Please give the above instructions to your institution's representative when requesting that they send your documents.