Peppi Study System
University of Turku has implemented a new study data system in the summer of 2021. The new system, Peppi, replaces the old systems Nettiopsu, Opsu, study plan system (hops), Open University Nettiopsu and Rekka. Students and Staff can use the new system from 2 August 2021 onwards.
Peppi was succesfully implemented on 2 August 2021. After the study register will be closed from 24 June onwards, Nettiopsu, study plan system (hops) and Open University Nettiopsu can be used in read-only mode. This read-only mode will continue until the end of May 2022. This means that you can view information in these exiting systems, but no information can be updated.
Student's enter to Peppi: https://student.peppi.utu.fi
Staff's enter to Peppi: https://peppi.utu.fi
Current issues (edited 25 August 2021)
- Enrollment period for the academic year 2021-2022 has been extended to 10 September 2021.
- Problems with the enrollment payments (Student Union Fee) in OILI enrollment service (25.8.2021) were corrected by most parts on 25 Aug.
- Students who have completed their bachelor's degree at UTU and are now studying for master's degree, should now be able to enroll for this academic year in Peppi. Please log in to OILI again and try to enroll. Please check taht your enrollment data tranfers to Peppi. If you still can't enroll in OILI, please contact The Student Centre Disco (firstname.lastname@example.org). We can give these students bank transfer information so they can pay the Student Union Fee.
- Now the enrollment status should be up-to-date in OILI. Please do not pay the Student Union Fee twice for the same Student Union. First, please check your own enrollment information in Peppi. If this information is correct in Peppi, you don't have to do anything. If there is false status in OILI, you don't have to pay attention to that when your status is correct in Peppi.
- There was a pause transferring enrollment status information to Finnish Student Health Service (FSHS/YTHS) from Fri 13 Aug onwards. This has been resolved on 24 August. These student services using the enrollment status information from the national study sata service, should also start working, eg. HSL, during week 35.
- New students can activate their UTU user account from 13 Aug onwards after The Student Centre Disco has sent them instructions via email.
- In Peppi, it is now possible for student to cancel their own course enrollments (13 Aug).
- Peppi was succesfully implemented on 2 August 2021. All the student and study data was transferred from Nettiopsu to Peppi.
- Instructions for Student's ja Teacher's Desktop in Peppi can be found from UTU intranet (requires active UTU account):
- At the moment, the transcript of records is unavailable. Students can print their own transcript of records from Peppi later in August.
- When needed, you can ask your registration certificate from the Offices for Academic and Student Affairs in faculties or from the Student Centre Disco.
Below you can see some of the most importat remarks about the exceptional arrangements during summer 2021:
- Registration with the University is possible in Nettiopsu from 1 June to 23 June and from 2 August 2021 onwards in OILI enrollment and registration service. More detailed information will be provided to students in the registration e-mail in the spring semester 2021.
- Instructions for new students about te registration with the University will be provided later in utu-website.
- Nettiopsu, study plan system (hops) and Open University Nettiopsu are in read-only mode from 24 June 2021 to 31 May 2022.
- Registrations to courses and exams are possible in Nettiopsu until 31 May and from 2 August onwards in Peppi-system. More detailed information about these will be given from the faculty or equivalent unit.
- During the maintenance break from 24 June to 1 August registration with the University is not possible; registration of credits or graduation is not possible and printing of degree certificates, transcripts of records or such other documents is not possible. There may also be a delay in processing applications. It is possible to graduate during the summer of 2021, but it may take longer than usual until you receive your degree certificate (see your faculty's instructions for graduating during the summer).
- Maintenance break can affect other systems as well.