The Universities Act states two reasons for non-attendance that entitle the student for an extension period: compulsory or voluntary military service and time off studies in regard to the child’s birth or adoption.
Apply for extension of study time on that semester as your study time is ending. Please check the deadlines above.
- Extensions needs to be informed during your study time, not retrospectively after your study time has ended.
- Reasons for extension will be taken into account also during additional time issued by the Faculty.
- Extension for study time are processed in the Student Centre Disco.
- Apply for the extension by using the electronic Study time application (or the pdf form), which along with instructions can be found at the bottom of this page.
- For questions concerning the extension of study time, contact the Student Centre Disco by email (disco[at]utu.fi). Please remember to tell you student number or Finnish ID code in your message to Disco.