The Universities Act states two reasons for non-attendance that entitle the student for an extension period: compulsory or voluntary military service and maternal, paternal or parental leave.
Inform the Student Centre Disco of your legislative reasons when your study time is about to end.
- Extensions should be informed during your study time, not retrospectively after your study time has ended.
- Reasons for extension will be taken into account also during additional time issued by the Faculty.
- Extension for study time are processed in the Student Centre Disco.
- Apply for the extension by using the electronic Study time application (or the pdf form), which along with instructions can be found at the bottom of this page.
- For questions concerning the extension of study time, contact the Student Centre Disco by email (disco[at]utu.fi). Please remember to tell you student number or Finnish ID code in your message to Disco.