Co-operation at Finnish Language
Our subject engages in co-operation both within the scientific community and in the society at large by offering special expertise on different topics in a variety of ways.
The staff at Finnish Language engages in public debates by offering expert opinions in different forums. Finnish Language co-operates with various actors in public institutions and the media. Our partners include:
- schools in south-west Finland
- municipalities in the area
- the media (e.g. the newspaper Turun Sanomat).
In the area of education, co-operation includes acting as:
- invited speakers outside academia
- invited lecturers in Finland and abroad
- partners in joint courses offered by different universities
- co-teachers in classes organised by the School, Faculty or University.
Our researchers participate in various discussions within the international research community. Our partners in research include:
- researchers in universities and research institutes in Finland and abroad
- joint national and international research projects and networks
- researchers from various fields at the University of Turku.
In doctoral training, we co-operate with several partners including:
- a national network for doctoral programmes in language studies, Langnet
- The Estonian Graduate School of Linguistics, Philosophy and Semiotics co-ordinated by the University of Tartu