Collaboration at the Department of Study of Religion
There are various options for collaborative research at the Department of Study of Religion in the University of Turku, ranging from small-scale commissioned research conducted by Master's students to collaboration projects with researchers at regional, national and European levels.
The Faculty of Humanities and the Department of Study of Religion have established exchange contracts for student mobility with universities all over the world, for example with the University of Groningen, Faculty of Theology and Religious Studies and with University of Erfurt, Religionswissenschaft/Department of Religious Studies.
The Archives of History, Culture and Arts Studies (ACS) are part of the archives of the School of History, Culture and Arts Studies. The ACS is maintained by the Departments of Folkloristics, European Ethnology and Study of Religion.
Organisations and related institutions
- Study of Religions at the University of Helsinki
- Department of Study of Religion at the Åbo Akademi University
- The Donner Institute for Research in Religion and Culture is active in two main areas: research and library activities. The Donner research library is the largest in its field in the Nordic countries and is open to the public. The Donner Institute publishes Approaching Religion and Scandinavian Jewish Studies journals as well as Scripta Instituti Donneriani Aboensis, a collection of articles. The Department of Study of Religion organises Approaching Esotericism and Mysticism, an international conference in June 2019 n co-operation with the Donner Institute.
- Migration Institute of Finland
- The Finnish Society for the Study of Religion
- European Association for the Study of Religion (EASR)
- International Association for the History of Religions (IAHR)