Research Environment and Infrastructures at the Faculty of Medicine
Our successful research is supported by internationally competitive research environment which is built and maintained together with the Hospital District of Southwest Finland and BioCity Turku research organisation.
Campus in Turku has several research centers and platforms, as well as service core units either as an integral part of the Faculty of Medicine, or operating in close collaboration with us.
Excellent infrastructure provides not only access to instruments, equipment and data, but also expert services for researchers and company customers. Our faculty is on the national infrastructure FIRI roadmap, part of European Strategic Forum for Research Infrasructures, ESFRI, and member in many other international RI projects. Faculty provides open access and joint use of research infrastructures with other academic players as well as with industry.
- Core Facilities of Turku Bioscience
- Turku BioImaging
Turku Bioimaging provides bioimaging services for the national EuBI Finland service node.
- Core Facilities of the Institute of Biomedicine
- Auria Biobank and Auria Clinical Informatics
Auria Biobank is part of national BBMRI network.
- Turku Center for Disease Modeling
- Turku Clinical Biomaterials Centre
- Flavoria Research Restaurant
- BBMRI.fi (Biobank infrastructures in Finland)
- Biocenter Finland (RI of all Finnish Biocenters)
- EATRIS Finland (Euroopan Advanced Translational Research Infastructure in Medicine, Finnish operations)
- EuBI Finland (European Research Infrastructure for Imaging Technologies in Biological and Biomedical Sciences, Finnish operations)
- Turku PET Centre (Finnish national research institute)