Training programme: Drug Discovery and Development
The programme offers the participants in-depth knowledge in drug discovery and development processes, and understranding on procedures applied in drug regulatory science and the role of drug regulatory authorities during the life-span of a drug.
The programme is targeted to experts working in the field of drug development, pharmaceutical industry, biotechnology, contract research organisations (CRO) or regulatory authorities.
The programme scope is equivalent to 6 months full-time study. The scheduling of the studies is flexible.
Programme is delivered online and on-site in customer’s location or in Finland.
Participants learn to understand:
- up-to-date methods applied to identify and validate new drug targets, and to generate lead drug molecules
- technological innovations made in lead optimisation process
- how new drug candidates are investigated during the non-clinical drug development phase
- methods of clinical drug research, clinical drug development phases, clinical trial design and biostatistical study planning
- various aspects of the drug regulatory science and pharmacovigilance.
The Programme consists of four Academic Modules.
- Drug regulatory science
- Bioinformatics in drug discovery
- Computer-aided drug design
- Clinical trial design and clinical drug development