CCR’s operational model is based on broad external and internal collaboration in a systematic and persistent way. Our essential partners include:
- Businesses and business-related associations
- Innovation networks and platforms
- Local authorities
- Researchers and research departments within the University of Turku and other universities
In the last ten years CCR has collaborated with:
- 130 firms or businesses
- all 17 departments within Turku School of Economics and other departments from four other faculties at the University of Turku
- 30 universities, 10 of which are outside Finland
Within our collaborative work, we focus on research collaboration. In practice we design, launch and execute research projects together with companies and other organisations.
Research projects can range from large multiparty consortia to smaller bilateral set-ups. Company roles in the projects vary depending on the topics and project forms. CCR also offers certain focused services for companies.
Our guideline is that research projects are always planned and executed together with other researchers. In the preparation and execution phases we involve researchers from Turku School of Economics and from other faculties at the University of Turku. In a small research project, this may mean one part-time researcher, but in larger consortia ten or more scholars from different disciplines can be involved in focusing on the chosen topic in the longer term. The research consortia we assemble can integrate a range of interdisciplinary teams. CCR’s own role in projects varies from solely undertaking part of the research actions to taking coordinator and principal investigator roles.