Advisory Board of the Faculty of Education
The Advisory Board of the Faculty of Education serves as a forum for collaboration between the Faculty and its key regional and national stakeholders. The Advisory Board supports the development of the Faculty's research, education and social engagement. It develops the Faculty's activities of societal impact and interaction in cooperation with the Alumni Committee. The Advisory Board discusses, among other things, the Faculty's relationship to a sustainable future, changes in society and the challenges of working life, as well as the working life skills provided by education. Especially, the Advisory Board serves as a discussion forum in the Faculty's strategy work and in the curriculum process.
Invited members of the Advisory Board:
Chair: Vesa Taatila, Rector and President, Turku University of Applied Sciences
Vice Chair: Eeva-Johanna Eloranta, Member of the Parliament, SDP
- Pauli Aalto-Setälä, Member of the Parliament; Professor of Practice, TSE/UTU; Activist, Baltic Sea Action Group
- Timo Aro, Research Director, City of Turku
- Päivi Lyhykäinen, Special Advisor, OAJ (Trade Union of Education in Finland)
- Iiro Pohjanoksa, Business Development Director, MPS
- Hannele Seppälä, Head of Unit, Finnish Education Evaluation Centre
- Soile Strander, Culture and Leisure Director, City of Rauma
- Lauri Tuomi, CEO, KVS (Finnish Life Long Learning Foundation)
- Jouni Välijärvi, Professor Emeritus, University of Jyväskylä
In addition to invited members, the Advisory Board consists of the Dean and Vice-Deans of the Faculty, heads of the Department of Education and the Department of Teacher Education, administrative principals of teacher training schools in the Faculty, and the Head of Faculty Development.
The term of the Advisory Board continues until December 31st, 2025.