University's Instructions on Coronavirus Situation
This page contains the general instructions and policies of the University of Turku in the coronavirus situation.
The entire page was updated on 1 July 2022
There are no coronavirus restrictions on the University’s activities at the moment. The use of the University’s traffic light model for the coronavirus situation ended on 30 June 2022.
The personnel and students are encouraged to follow the recommendations of the health officials (Southwest Finland, Satakunta region, National Institute for Health and Welfare), for example:
- Everyone can still continue to wear a mask according to their own discretion, for example, in indoor spaces where it is difficult to avoid close contacts. Especially those who are not vaccinated and those who have a risk of contracting a severe COVID-19 disease despite vaccinations should consider using a face mask that protects them efficiently (FFP2/3).
- People who have symptoms of the coronavirus disease are recommended to stay home until the symptoms have disappeared.
- Get coronavirus vaccinations. They protect from a severe form of disease.
- If you fall ill, stay home until you are healthy. Perform a home test if necessary.
- Remember hygiene: hands, face mask, safe distance and ventilation.
If necessary, the University can issue instructions and restriction on the University’s activities. The University community will be notified about any restrictions separately on the intranet and by email.
Please send any further inquiries and questions primarily by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. However, do not send messages to this service email address which contain personal medical information. Please send reports on coronavirus cases or suspected cases directly to Occupational Safety and Health Manager Satu Alanko, email@example.com, +358 46 920 3272