Doctoral Programme in Languages and Translation Studies (Utuling)
The Doctoral Programme Utuling's goals
- providing education for all graduate students of the School of Languages and Translation Studies
- assisting them in their dissertation work
- helping them to commit themselves to the community of researchers within the School and to network with the research community at large
- deepening their expertise in their fields of specialty
The graduate students areas of research belong to linguistic, translation and literary scholarship and to other humanistic studies, and their approach is often multi- or cross-disciplinary.
The School of Languages and Translation Studies has eight departments and accordingly eight majors
- Latin Philology / Greek Philology (Classics)
- Finnish / Finno-Ugric Languages
- Scandinavian Languages
The board of Utuling includes following memebers from 1 January 2019 onwards: Professor Leena Kolehmainen (director of Utuling), Professor Tuomas Huumo, Professor Outi Paloposki, Professor Matti Peikola, Professor Jyri Vaahtera, University lecturer Janne Korkka, Pos-doctoral researcher Milla Luodonpää-Manni, doctoral candidate Mari Mäkilä, doctoral candidate Lotta Aarikka and as secretary, coordinator Meri Heinonen.