Getting started in Turku
Here is a check list for your first days in Turku.
- Exchange student, register at Student Centre Disco upon your arrival.
- Master degree student, submit your original educational documents to Student Centre Disco as instructed.
- Activate your IT user account at an IT Helpdesk.
- Update your address in Turku on Nettiopsu.
- Pay the Student Union membership fee (voluntary for exchange students and doctoral students) and order the student card. Please note that in order to work the digital student card requires your Finnish ID code.
- Get your Finnish ID code (check the local magistrate pop-up days from the orientation programme) and send it to disco(at)utu.fi.
- Attend the Orientation and possible other info sessions organized by your programme.
- Sign your lease at the housing office.
- Open a bank account, if you need one.
- Exchange student, collect your Starting Package if you want one.
- Get a bus card at Turku Region Traffic (Föli) office if you need one. You can get the form needed for that at Student Centre Disco.
- Make a change of address notification so that you get mail delivered.