Joint Degree Programmes
University of Turku offers several double and triple degree programmes with esteemed international partner universities.
The joint degree programmes are carried out together with the international partner universities. The mode of study, including the city and county and language of instruction, vary from programme to another.
Please note that the joint degree programmes might have separate application periods and admission procedures than the rest of the Bachelor's and Master's Degree Programmes offered by the University of Turku. Always see the programme webpages for admission information and schedules.
Joint Degree Programmes at the University of Turku
Triple degree programme in collaboration with three universities:
- University of Turku (Finland) – Master of Science in Economics and Business Administration
- AIX-Marseille University (France) – Master Sciences du Management Spécialité Management et Technologies de l’Information
- Tilburg University (the Netherlands) – Master of Science in Information Management
Master's Programme in Global IT Management (GITM) has three double degree options:
- IT for Enterprise Management (ITEM), together with Tilburg University (The Netherlands)
- Business Intelligence and Knowledge Management (BIKMA), together with Central China Normal University, Wuhan (China)
- Digital Enterprise Management (DEMA), together with University of Passau (Germany)
The programme has a highly international character. Once you have completed it, you will have a double (or triple) degree certificate. This means that you are awarded a Master’s degree by the universities where you have studied at least 30 ECTS.
- The first semester university is the University of Coimbra.
- The second semester university is the University of Turku
- The third semester university the University of Poitiers.
- The fourth semester university can be any one of the three universities delivering the diploma (University of Coimbra, University of Poitiers and University of Turku). If applicable, it is also possible to spend the fourth semester in one of the four other EC2U partner universities within the Erasmus mobility scheme (University of Iasi, University of Jena, University of Pavia and University of Salamanca)
The master’s degree is international by definition. It is included in the EC2U European Alliance that comprises the following universities:
- University of Salamanca (Spain)
- University of Coimbra (Portugal)
- University of Iasi (Roumania)
- University of Jena (Germany)
- University of Poitiers (France)
- University of Pavia (Italy)
- University of Turku (Finland)
You will conduct studies in at least two of these universities but may well choose a third university. If you apply to the University of Turku as your home university, you also agree to spend two or three semesters at one of the universities mentioned above. Note that you can spend no more than two semesters at one university.
The University of Turku has a double degree programme in Food Development with Jiangnan University (Wuxi, China). Food Development students have a possibility to join the double degree programme pursuing Degrees of Master of Science in Technology at University of Turku and the Master Degree of Engineering at Jiangnan University
The students fulfilling the degree requirements of the Master’s Degree Programme in Food Development will obtain a Master of Science in Technology degree at the University of Turku. To obtain a double degree from both universities, a student has to complete:
- at least 30 ECTS, or one semester equivalent, of coursework in the Jiangnan University
- jointly supervised Master’s thesis
The Finnish-German Master Programme in Education is a double degree option that leads to the obtaining of two different degrees: a Master of Arts in Education at the University of Turku and a Master of Arts Erziehungswissenschaft (Educational Science) at the University of Regensburg, Germany. In a similar way to the single degree option, the double degree option takes two years to complete and comprises 120 ECTS credits. The language of study is English.
A maximum of five students among the best scoring applicants from the Master’s Degree Programme in Education and Learning can be admitted for the double degree option. Selected students will spend the spring term of the first year of studies at the Institute of Education of the University of Regensburg. The specific research areas at the University of Regensburg are vocational education and continuing education, professional learning and development.