Collaboration and partnerships at the Multilingual Translation Studies Degree Programme
The Turku University translator training programme has been granted membership into the European Master’s in Translation (EMT) network continuously since 2009. The purpose of this network is to enhance quality translator training in Europe, and to improve the employability of graduates.
Our present Master’s Degree Programme in Multilingual Translation Studies is also a partner of the International Network of Simulated Translation Bureaus (INSTB) network. INSTB is a partnership of universities that incorporate simulated translation bureau environments in their translator training.
The doctoral programme of the School of Languages and Translation Studies at the University of Turku, Utuling, is part of Langnet, the national network of language-related graduate programmes, as well as the International Doctorate in Translation Studies (ID-TS) network.
Collaboration between academia and practice
Since its beginning in 1966, translator training in Turku has been developed in active collaboration with working life contacts from all sectors of society.
Our present partnerships include:
- Local and multinational LSP’s, e.g., Lingsoft, SDL Finland, Semantix, Traduct
- Numerous independent translation professionals
- Translation technology developers and providers, e.g., Memsource, Sunda, Tilde and XTRF
- Local, national, and international translation industry organizations, e.g., KAJ – Translation Industry Professionals, SKTL – The Finnish Association of Translators and Interpreters, SKY – Finnish Language Service Providers, GALA – The Globalization and Localization Association, EUATC – European Union of Associations of Translation Companies.
- Private and public sector employers, such as publishing houses, local and national government institutions
- Third sector organizations, e.g., SKS – The Finnish Literature Society, and FILI – Finnish Literature Exchange
- Public sector services, e.g., employment and business service authorities, tax authorities
- Innovative co-working spaces, e.g., Boost Turku and HUB Turku