Doctoral Training at the Faculty of Science
High quality research is a strength of this multidisciplinary faculty, in which numerous research projects offer inspiring assignments for doctoral researchers. Doctoral training is organised into doctoral programmes, which actively develop the contents of the education and support internationalisation.
Vice Dean's decisions
The most matters concerning doctoral education are decided by the Vice Dean. Such matters include:
- appointing pre-examiners, Opponent and Custos;
- the permission to send a thesis manuscript to pre-examination;
- the permission for the defence of dissertation (the Faculty Council has delegated this to Dean);
- postgraduate degree study rights;
- updates to supervision plans;
- other postgraduate matters
Documents for decision-making should be submitted a couple of days before the closing date.
Timetable for Vice Dean's decisions
The Vice Dean makes decisions on the dates specified in the schedule. Documents for decision-making should be submitted a couple of days earlier.
Preliminary timetable for Vice Dean's decisions
The Faculty Council makes decides on accepting doctoral dissertations.
The meeting timetable