Together with 120 Finnish companies and organisations, University of Turku participated in Expo 2020 Dubai which took place from 1 October 2021 to 31 March 2022.
Expo 2020 Dubai was the first World Expo ever hosted in the Middle East, Africa, and South Asia (MEASA) region. Under the central theme of Sharing Future Happiness, the Finland pavilion invited Expo visitors on an interactive journey through the societal pillars upon which Finland's happiness is based: continuous development and innovation, sustainable and environmentally-friendly solutions and extensive international cooperation.
The University of Turku participated Dubai Expo 2020 in a cluster of Finnish institutions of higher education and education companies hosted by Education Finland, a programme established to promote Finnish educational expertise and services, funded by the Finnish Ministry of Education and Culture.
UTU Featured Educational Services at Dubai Expo
for government & business leaders
Utilize our award-winning Program to stop bullying - already in use in thousands of schools worldwide.
Scientifically proven evidence on effectiveness
- Developed by the University of Turku using decades of cutting-edge research on bullying and its mechanisms
- The effectiveness has been proven in numerous randomized conrolled trials and international studies
- To promote well-being at schools contributes to the well-being and development of the whole society
Concrete tools to tackle bullying
- Licensed Partners with their own certified KiVa Trainers implement the Program in 21 countries world wide
- Large variety of easy-to-use printed and on-line materials for schools and teachers
- Clear and systematic guidelines on what to do, when to do and how to do
- Reference Partner: Finland Oman School, Muscat
Learn more: kivaprogram.net
Learn from the best futures study scholars and boost Your career or organization's performance.
Strategic foresight promotes future business
- The world around us is complex, volatile and surprising but it is possible to scan challenges and optional future conditions.
- Ability to understand technological and socio-ecomic changes and the global driving forces helps you to prepare business for the future
- Embrace the competencies that help you to manage the change and turbulence of the future economy
Objective of the Class - What will you learn?
- Competencies to tackle development challenges and tune Your organisation for future business
- Strategic foresight practices and hands-on methods and tools of scenario scanning
- Utilize unique academic excellance and global experience of Finland Futures Research Centre
Learn more about this training: Premium Class of Strategic Foresight
for education leaders & teachers
Boost entrepreneurship and innovations in university management and education.
Strategic approach to entrepreneurship and innovations
- Entrepreneurship and new innovations are crucial for a successful knowledge economy
- University-based entrepreneurship and innovations boost knowledge-based innovations and solutions
- Taking entrepreneurial competencies, behavior and culture across the university contributes to the whole society
Innovative methods, tools and best practices among peers
- University of Turku has extensive experience in introducing entrepreneurial activities to management and teachers of different faculties and disciplines
- Programme offers tools, tested guidelines and pedagogic methods to promote entrepreneurship and innovations
- Encourages staff and students to behave as entrepreneurs - self-motivated, proactive and able to take the initiative
- Reference Partner: Imam Abdulrahman bin Faisal University, Dammam
Share know-how and best practices of the education superpower!
Research based Programmes influence to the well-being of whole society
- Strategic and systematic emphasis on basic education and quality teachers is the cornerstone of Finnish success
- Latest research brings credibility to local and national development of education
- Our Capacity Building Programmes lead You to the next level in teacher education
Combining theory and practice in trainings makes the difference
- Capacity Building Programmes give insight into our best practices and secrets of Finland
- Programmes include guidance for the system level development and hands-on tools to classroom activities
- Focus on the phenomenom-based teaching methods and STEAM subjects
- University of Turke has years of project and training experience in the Gulf countries and Asia
Learn more: Our trainings and services for schools