APC Discount for Royal Society Journals
The independent scientific academy of the UK, the Royal Society, was founded in the 1660s. Royal Society publishes journals across the entire range of science. From April 1, 2023, the library has made one-year agreement with the publisher for University of Turku allowing the corresponding authors affiliated to University of Turku to publish their articles Open Access with 25 % discount of the APCs.
If the agreement appears to be useful, it is possible to continue it by paying a small annual fee or by making a transformative read & publish agreement with the publisher.
This agreement offers a chance to publish Open Access in these hybrid journals
- Biology Letters
- lnterface Focus
- Journal of the Royal Society Interface
- Notes and Records of the Royal Society
- Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A: Mathematical, Physical and Engineering Sciences
- Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society B: Biological Sciences
- Proceedings of the Royal Society A: Mathematical, Physical and Engineering Sciences
- Proceedings of the Royal Society B: Biological Sciences
and in these fully Open Access journals
- Open Biology
- Royal Society Open Scìence.
Half of the journals are presently on Publication Forum's classification level 1, four journals are on level 2 and Proceedings of the Royal Society B on level 3.
The researchers of University of Turku have published altogether 18 articles in the journals of Royal Society during the years 2019-2022. Seven of them are Open Access.
- Royal Society Open Access members
- Understanding the publishing (in YouTube)
- Understanding journal policies and requirements (in YouTube)